I have watched several of your videos documenting your journey out of the church. I was born and raised, Temple sealed, and now leaving. I appreciate all of your honesty and putting it out there to help others. Thank you.
I am also a Potter of 45 years experience. A production Potter for most of my life. I admire your home based business in doing hand and foot prints. You will do well with your work. Anyone who meets you and sees your art will want to help support you.
Again, thank you for all your Videos. Women in the church can feel especially lost when all their friends and sisters are trying their best to keep you close to the flock.
Hello Amy. Before I say anything else, I am not a Mormon. I have never been one. I found your videos on youtube because I am, and have been for a very long time, interested in researching and understanding the Mormon church, much in the same way I am interested in researching and understanding the Jehovah's Witnesses. I am an aspiring filmmaker and I look for compelling stories as to why someone joined either church or how and why they left it. I find your need to express yourself sincere and from your heart. I joined your blog because I want to follow you on your journey.
My heart, since I learned of the Mormon church and of the Jehovah's Witnesses, has been to help members see the things you have seen, question what you have questioned, and to learn to think for themselves as you have. To use their God-given abilities to reason through their beliefs, and to not have someone else dictate beliefs or religion for them. Sometimes, while reaching out I did OK. Sometimes I didn't...
In any case, I hope to make documentary films and dramatic narratives on the subject(s). I would be honored if you would allow me to consult you. And perhaps, with your permission, maybe even use some of your experiences as the inspiration for stories.
I saw your video from 2013 on what you believe now. I respect that. It's 2016 and I don't know where you stand on that. However, I want you to know my purpose in following and befriending you is not to "save" you or give you Jesus, inasmuch as I hold Him dear to my heart, but to hear you and to see where your journey takes you. That said, my door is always open if you ever have questions for me about my relationship with Christ.
Amy, if no one ever told you this before - Live, Love, Be Happy. I look forward to hearing any correspondence from you and to following you on your continued journey. Also, if the images in your opening videos of artwork is yours, I would like to know more about it.
I have watched several of your videos documenting your journey out of the church. I was born and raised, Temple sealed, and now leaving. I appreciate all of your honesty and putting it out there to help others. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI am also a Potter of 45 years experience. A production Potter for most of my life. I admire your home based business in doing hand and foot prints. You will do well with your work. Anyone who meets you and sees your art will want to help support you.
Again, thank you for all your Videos. Women in the church can feel especially lost when all their friends and sisters are trying their best to keep you close to the flock.
Hello Amy. Before I say anything else, I am not a Mormon. I have never been one. I found your videos on youtube because I am, and have been for a very long time, interested in researching and understanding the Mormon church, much in the same way I am interested in researching and understanding the Jehovah's Witnesses. I am an aspiring filmmaker and I look for compelling stories as to why someone joined either church or how and why they left it. I find your need to express yourself sincere and from your heart. I joined your blog because I want to follow you on your journey.
ReplyDeleteMy heart, since I learned of the Mormon church and of the Jehovah's Witnesses, has been to help members see the things you have seen, question what you have questioned, and to learn to think for themselves as you have. To use their God-given abilities to reason through their beliefs, and to not have someone else dictate beliefs or religion for them. Sometimes, while reaching out I did OK. Sometimes I didn't...
In any case, I hope to make documentary films and dramatic narratives on the subject(s). I would be honored if you would allow me to consult you. And perhaps, with your permission, maybe even use some of your experiences as the inspiration for stories.
I saw your video from 2013 on what you believe now. I respect that. It's 2016 and I don't know where you stand on that. However, I want you to know my purpose in following and befriending you is not to "save" you or give you Jesus, inasmuch as I hold Him dear to my heart, but to hear you and to see where your journey takes you. That said, my door is always open if you ever have questions for me about my relationship with Christ.
Amy, if no one ever told you this before - Live, Love, Be Happy. I look forward to hearing any correspondence from you and to following you on your continued journey. Also, if the images in your opening videos of artwork is yours, I would like to know more about it.
Blessings to you, Amy.
~Doug Ortega
I hadn't realized her videos were so old. I would love to have an update too!
Delete